Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Hindenburg Disaster Revealed



We all know the story: the Hindenburg zeppelin is filled with passengers traveling from Germany to the United States. And As the blimp approaches the end of its route, it tragically, and suddenly explodes.

But for 76 years the reason WHY the blimp exploded remained a mystery. Until recently that is.

I couldn't help myself when I saw an article jump across the Internet today. I had to ready it. And when I learned the answer to the secret, I had to share.

Turns out it was static electricity. The blimp happened to travel through a thunder storm, causing the charge in the sky-born vestal to build. A broken wire or pipe caused hydrogen to spill into the space. Then, when someone grabbed a rope they grounded the charge, igniting the blimp on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment